Long Beach Pedestrian Accident Attorney
The last thing any pedestrian should have to worry about is sustaining an injury caused by the negligent actions of another driver or other party. Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents are not uncommon in and around the Long Beach area. At Harting Simkins & Ryan, LLP, we are here to help if you need a Long Beach pedestrian accident lawyer by your side. We know that you need compensation to help with your injury expenses and lost wages. Let us offer a free, no-pressure consultation – call our office today.
Why Choose Harting Simkins & Ryan, LLP for Your Pedestrian Accident Claim?
Pedestrian accident victims deserve the highest quality of legal assistance when they seek to recover compensation from an at-fault party. Harting Simkins & Ryan, LLP is here to help:
- We have an extensive track record of success handling complex negotiations and litigation involving personal injury claims throughout California.
- Our team makes use of state-of-the-art resources, technology, and professionals to help build our cases on behalf of clients.
- We never hesitate to take a case to trial if that is what it takes to help clients recover the compensation they are entitled to after a pedestrian accident injury in Long Beach.
Determining Liability After a Pedestrian Accident in Long Beach
After a pedestrian accident occurs in Long Beach, there will need to be an extensive investigation into the incident in order to determine liability. It is not uncommon for law enforcement officials to come to the scene of a pedestrian crash to conduct an initial investigation and fill out an accident report. However, this investigation is not going to be enough, in most circumstances, to help an individual recover compensation. The police report is just one facet of the overall investigation.
Some of the other types of evidence commonly used to prove fault after a pedestrian accident in Long Beach includes:
- Photographs taken at the scene, including photos of injuries, property damage, causes of the incident, and others involved
- Surveillance from cameras on nearby homes, businesses, or dashcams
- Statements from any eyewitnesses or from those involved in the incident
An attorney will likely continue the investigation into the incident in order to thoroughly examine every possible scenario of how the incident occurred. It is imperative to be prepared when speaking to insurance carriers or when standing in front of a personal injury jury. An investigation may include working with accident reconstruction experts if liability is particularly unclear, even after gathering as much evidence as possible.
How Much Compensation is Available for Your Long Beach Pedestrian Accident Claim?
There is no set amount of compensation paid to an injured pedestrian if their claim is successful. Factors such as injury severity, how long it takes to recover, and shared fault can all affect the total amount a person receives.
At Harting Simkins & Ryan, LLP, we work diligently to ensure pedestrian accident victims recover both economic and non-economic damages for their losses.
Economic damages are often referred to as “special damages,” and these revolve around the calculable losses a pedestrian accident victim in Long Beach will likely incur. By gathering receipts and bills that come to a victim after the incident, our team will work to calculate:
- Any emergency and ongoing medical bills associated with the incident
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation expenses
- Medical devices and prescription medication costs
- Property damage expenses
- Household out-of-pocket expenses are rising due to the injuries
- Lost wages if an individual cannot work
Non-economic damages are referred to as “general damages,” and these revolve around more immeasurable losses an individual will likely incur as a result of the pedestrian accident. These damages are less measurable because they may not have receipts or bills that can adequately add up a victim’s physical, emotional, and psychological pain and suffering or loss of quality of life caused by the incident.
Paying for a Long Beach Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The Long Beach pedestrian accident attorneys at Harting Simkins & Ryan, LLP want to make legal assistance accessible to those who have viable claims against at-fault parties. We handle Long Beach pedestrian accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we successfully recover the compensation they need. We handle the upfront costs related to the case, and clients will pay absolutely nothing if we do not win. Any legal fees paid will be an agreed-upon percentage of the final settlement or jury verdict.
Steps You Can Take After a Pedestrian Crash in Long Beach
Some of the most basic steps you can take after a pedestrian accident to ensure your well-being and claim viability include:
- Seeking medical care. Pedestrian accident victims must seek medical treatment soon after the incident. There are often delayed injuries that may not have signs or symptoms until hours or days after the incident. A doctor needs to conduct an immediate evaluation.
- Reporting the incident. Most pedestrian accidents will need to be reported to law enforcement officials in California. The police will come to conduct an investigation and fill out an accident report. They will also handle any citations associated with the incident.
- Preserving evidence. If individuals are able to do so at the scene of the incident, they should work to obtain as much evidence as possible. Additionally, any communication or records related to the pedestrian accident should be kept in a safe location.
- Working with an attorney. A Long Beach pedestrian accident lawyer can step in quickly and help handle every aspect of the claim on behalf of their client.
Call a Long Beach Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a pedestrian accident caused by the negligent actions of another individual or entity, we are standing by to help today. At Harting Simkins & Ryan, LLP, we understand the challenges that injury victims face when it comes to recovering compensation from aggressive insurance carriers and at-fault parties. Our team is ready to step up, investigate the claim, and fully prepare the case for trial. When you need a Long Beach pedestrian accident attorney, you can contact us by filling out our contact form or by calling us at (800) 809-8848.