Long Beach Premises Liability Lawyer
When a person sustains an injury on someone else’s property, they may be able to recover compensation for their injuries and other expenses. At Harting Simkins & Ryan, LLP, we are here to help if you need a Long Beach premises liability lawyer by your side. We understand the complexities involved in these cases, and we will help navigate the insurance claims process or help file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf against the alleged negligent party. Let us help you get back on your feet with the compensation you need to move forward.
Why Choose Harting Simkins & Ryan, LLP?
- At Harting Simkins & Ryan, LLP, every attorney at our firm has been involved with injury cases and accidents, so we understand the financial burdens and personal difficulties that clients face.
- Our goal is to provide individualized care to every single client that we assist, which means we will always be here to answer your questions as they come up related to your case.
- We believe in recovering compensation on behalf of our clients, which is why we never settle for less than you deserve. We have no problem taking your claim to trial if necessary.
Types of Premises Liability Cases We Handle
Our team has extensive experience handling a wide range of premises liability claims in Long Beach and throughout California. We understand that there are various types of claims that arise due to the negligent actions of property owners throughout our area. Some of the most common types of premises liability cases that we handle on behalf of clients include the following:
- Slip and fall incidents
- Dog bite injuries
- Swimming pool or hot tub incidents
- Child nuisance property incidents
- Negligent security
- Accidents at hotels or motels
- Injuries that occur at schools
If you have any questions about whether or not your case rises to the level of a premises liability lawsuit, we encourage you to reach out to a member of our team as soon as possible. We will examine the facts related to your case and help you determine the best steps moving forward. Individuals often sustain severe injuries as a result of premises liability incidents, including the following:
- Fractured bones
- Concussions or a more severe traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Lacerations and puncture wounds
- Internal illnesses
- Hearing or vision loss
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
Compensation Available for a Premises Liability Case in Long Beach
There may be various types of compensation available for premises liability victims in Long Beach. Our team works diligently to recover both economic and non-economic damages on behalf of the clients we help.
- Economic damages. You may see these referred to as special damages, and this revolves around various types of measurable expenses individuals incur after a premises liability incident. Some of the most common economic damages we help clients recover include:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost income if a victim is unable to work
- Assistance with various household out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage expenses
- Non-economic damages. You often see these damages referred to as general damages, and these revolve around less measurable expenses premises liability victims likely incur. Non-economic damages are designed to provide compensation for a range of losses, including a victim’s:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life caused by a disability
There is no set amount of compensation paid to premises liability victims, but there are several factors that can influence total compensation amounts. Some of these factors include the overall severity of the injuries and how long it takes a person to recover, whether or not the individual sustained any type of disability, insurance limitations of the at-fault party, as well as whether or not there was any shared fault for the incident.
Time Limit for Filing Your Premises Liability Claim in Long Beach
We encourage you to reach out to your premises liability lawyer in Long Beach as soon as possible so that you can get your claim filed on time. According to the California personal injury statute of limitations, premises liability victims have two years from the date the incident occurs to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party. In the event the claim is not filed within this two-year time frame, injury victims will likely become unable to recover any compensation for their losses.
There are often insurance carriers involved in premises liability claims in the Long Beach area, and they will have their own reporting deadlines that you need to understand and abide by. Your attorney can help you file both the injury claim and the personal injury lawsuit on time, but you need to reach out for legal assistance as soon as possible.
How Will You Pay for Your Attorney?
The Long Beach premises liability attorneys at Harting Simkins & Ryan, LLP handle these claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that our team covers all of the upfront and out-of-pocket costs related to the case, including filing fees, the cost of investigating the incident, handling negotiations, and preparing for trial.
Clients pay absolutely no legal fees until after we recover the compensation they are entitled to. The final legal fee will be a percentage of the settlement or jury verdict, but if we do not win the case, clients pay nothing at all.
Call a Long Beach Premises Liability Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a property owner in the Long Beach area, turn to the team at Harting Simkins & Ryan, LLP for assistance today. We have the resources and experience needed to help you move this claim in the right direction, and we will not back down from aggressive insurance carriers as we work to recover the compensation you are entitled to. When you need a Long Beach premises liability lawyer, you can contact us by filling out our contact form or by calling us at (800) 809-8848.