Posted in Personal Injury on March 22, 2023
If you or your loved ones stay at a hotel, the last thing you expect is that an injury will occur. You certainly will not expect an injury or illness caused by the careless or negligent actions of the owners were operators of the hotel. Here, we want to discuss what it takes to file a successful premises liability lawsuit against a hotel owner or operator in the event you sustain injury. These claims can be challenging, and we recommend you reach out to a skilled Long Beach premises liability lawyer as soon as possible.
The Role of Negligence and What That Means?
In order to recover compensation for an injury sustained on hotel property, individuals will have to show that the hotel owner or hotel staff members were negligent in some way. There are various ways that hotel staff could cause injuries due to their negligence. Some of the requirements in place for hotels and their staff include:
- Keeping the hotel and surrounding property in a safe condition to prevent injuries to guests
- Ensuring repairs to any unsafe conditions happen quickly
- Placing adequate warning signs around any hazard
- Ensuring inclement weather does not pose a hazard to guests
- Ensuring there is adequate security on the property to prevent theft or assaults
- Carefully sanitizing the rooms and linens
- Ensuring all areas of the hotel and property have adequate lighting
- Ensuring all room door locks function correctly
- Properly storing all chemicals, including chemicals used for the pool area
- Working to promptly address any health or sanitation concerns, including insect issues or plumbing problems
There are various ways to determine whether or not a hotel or the staff members were negligent in causing harm to a guest. Some of the evidence that can be used includes statements from eyewitnesses, the gathering of physical evidence, photographs or video surveillance footage, as well as hotel staff policies.
However, proving negligence is challenging. There are various elements that must be in place in order for a claim against the hotel or staff members to be successful.
Is Compensation Available?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured on hotel property, you may be able to recover compensation. If the careless or negligent actions of the hotel staff members caused your injury or illness, we encourage you to reach out to a skilled premises liability lawyer as soon as possible. These claims can become incredibly challenging, particularly when working to determine negligence. A skilled lawyer can conduct a complete investigation into the incident in order to determine what happened.
You may be able to recover both economic and non-economic damages for an injury sustained on hotel premises. This can include compensation for:
- All medical bills arising due to the incident
- Lost wages if you cannot work while you recover
- Various out-of-pocket expenses are rising due to the incident
- Coverage of your stay at the hotel
- Court costs and legal fees
- Physical pain and suffering damages
- Emotional and psychological damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
The total amount of compensation paid for a successful claim against a negligent hotel will vary depending on the factors surrounding each particular case. Your attorney can help you understand how much compensation you may recover.